On behalf of InCycle, I was given the pleasure of moderating and being a panelist for Part One of the Microsoft DevOps Forum 2020, "Microsoft DevOps journey with GitHub”. This event, which is usually held physically somewhere around the world, was completely virtual due the ongoing SARS-COV-2 pandemic.
The event consisted of two presentations and then an open panel (where attendees could ask questions of the panelists). The presenters and my fellow panelists for part one were Stephen Jeffries, Principal Technology Architect at Microsoft, and Brent Beers, Senior Solution Engineer at GitHub. Stephen presented a story you may be familiar with—"How Microsoft Embraces a DevOps Culture”, which details Microsoft’s cultural and procedural transformation over the last decade. Brent then made the case for utilizing GitHub for your digital transformation with his presentation: “Unlocking the Power of GitHub.” Both presentations from these seasoned professionals were interesting and informative. I’d like to share my key take-aways.
- Eliminate unhelpful KPIs and focus instead on outcomes – how many customers have you acquired? How satisfied are they? What features are they using?
- Collect telemetry and feedback – you don’t know what to fix or enhance without intelligence about what issues occur or how your product is being used
- Security is part of modern development – GitHub has excellent facilities to prevent secrets from being checked-in, find vulnerabilities and fix them
In Part Two Brent will be presenting “How GitHub Builds GitHub with GitHub” and I will be presenting a Deep Dive into Azure DevOps. The good news is that it's not too late to participate. I hope you will join us.
2 Dates - Pick your best fit & sign-up!
- Wednesday, December 2, 2020 11:00 AM Eastern Time (8:00 AM Pacific Time)
- Thursday, December 3, 2020 1:00 PM Pacific Time (4:00 PM Eastern Time)